Little Flower Children and Family Services of New York is a not-for-profit charity serving children, families and developmentally disabled adults across New York City and Long Island. Our staff of over 600 people provide caring and professional services to nearly 2,000 people annually.
Our financial resources stem mainly from New York City and State, as well as Suffolk County; however as a public/private partnership, we rely on individuals, foundations and corporations for the funding and support that lets us give those in our care special programs and services that promote healing and emotional support.
Every day Little Flower strives to fulfill its mission to serve children in crisis, families and developmentally disabled adults in need. We are proud that we were able to accomplish the following in 2011:
- Managed the successful adoption of 59 children into new families
- Served 1,531 children in loving foster families in the community
- Cared for 148 children in the Residential Treatment and Respite Centers
- Helped 259 children return to their own families
- Assisted 55 young adults to begin life on their own
- Provided preventive services to 71 teens in foster care
- Served 1,003 children through the Little Flower Family Day Care Program in 61 provider homes
- Helped 201 adults with developmental disabilites to lead more rewarding lives